There’s an old saying, “If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu.”
You can be sure that the Arizona Dental Hygienists’ Association is “at the table” whenever an opportunity to advocate for our profession and oral health presents itself. One such opportunity arose last year when Arizona Dental Hygienists’ Association was invited to appoint a representative to sit on the Steering Committee for the Arizona Oral Health Coalition (AOHC).
AOHC’s purpose is to empower, organize and align stakeholders and systems to improve oral health in Arizona, and collaborate with the State Office of Oral Health to develop and implement a state oral health plan.
This summer the Steering Committee is convening a series of round table meetings across the state to discuss how the AOHC, regional oral health coalitions, and diverse stakeholders can work together to improve oral and overall health in Arizona. The round tables provide a means to grapple with the unique needs of rural and urban communities, stimulate creative thinking, share best practices, and coordinate efforts to achieve a greater impact on the oral health of Arizonans across a lifespan. Our power lies in the ability to present a collective front. If you are interested in participating in a round table in your area, joining AOHC or any of the regional oral health coalitions, see the contact information provided.
• NORTHERN ARIZONA: Denise Helm, RDH, AP, EdD | Denise.Helm@nau.edu
• NAVAJO – APACHE – GILA: Connie Baine, RDH, AP, BS | firstname.lastname@example.org
• NAVAJO ORAL HEALTH COALITION (Navajo Nation): Mae-Gilene Begay, MSW | email@example.com
• ARIZONA AMERICAN INDIAN ORAL HEALTH INITIATIVE: Herminia Frias | firstname.lastname@example.org
• SOUTHERN ARIZONA: Margaret Perry, RDH, AP, MBA, CDHC | Margaret.Perry@pima.gov
• MARICOPA COUNTY REGION (MOLAR): Emma Violante, RDH | email@example.com
• LA PAZ – MOHAVE: Ashley Wood | firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Arizona Oral Health Coalition, please contact:
Jan Grutzius, RDH | Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers
email@example.com | 602.288.7548
For more information on how you can support the advocacy efforts of Arizona Dental Hygienists’ Association, please contact:
Deb Kappes, RDH, MPH | firstname.lastname@example.org